What's new

Tower humidor humidification

FuenteSmoker

Il n'y a pas de fumée san
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
why is your basement more humid than 70 degrees?

HCM works well. I don't like Heartfelt as much although I have no valid scientific reasoning behind it.
Kitty litter works well enough also.

If it really is that humid regularly, I'm thinking your wood will be damaged if you leave it in the basement.
According to the chart I attached the average annual relative humidity in Minnesota (where i live) is about 70%. Assuming the chart is correct and also assuming that winter is much drier than summer and that a basement generally is more humid than the rest of the house; I assumed that there would be a good probability that there may be a good opportunity during the summer months that the RH of the basement may be above 65% RH for a some what extended time.

View attachment 39882

I figured spending Aprox $150 to help protect my $$$$ cigar investment might not be a bad idea... Am I wrong? Should I just use the Auccumonitor that I have on its way and call it good?

Hey brother... Welcome from another MN brother. The chart your referring to is the average humidity levels in Mn from 1966-1990!! Also that's referring to what the humidity is outside. Not in your basement ect...in the winter I struggle to keep my Rh @62-65. Running the heat in the house sucks your Rh down. Then in the summer I move my humi (not easy) to a dryer part of the house. Then I'm trying to keep the Rh down.