What's new

Tupperdor problems...need help quick

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Whoa, hold on. Did you say two jars of beads and some solution? If you mean the PG solution that you use with floral foam, do not put that stuff in your beads! Use only distilled water in your beads.
See, this pisses me off. Why would someone at the B&M tell her to put that in there? Just to make a damned sale? Im new at this and I go (or sent her) to someplace to try to learn what to do figuring, hell, this guy WORKS here, he should know.

Have I ruined anything? Should I take those jars out and leave it dry until my heartfelt beads get here in a day or so? :pitchfork:argh::argh::hanghead:

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Hold on there, Tiger. Take a deep breath bro', everyt'ing gonna be irie. :smokingbo

Let's first be careful to make sure that we are all on the same page. When you say "jars" and "beads", I'm thinking you are actually talking about the jars with "crystals" in them? Kind of mushy, clear-ish "crystals", right? If so, these types of "beads" (really the wrong word) use a PG solution. Heartfelt-type beads (which is what we are referring to when we say "beads") use NO solution, just distilled water. The guys at the B&M didn't screw you over (unless for some bizarre reason they actually sold you true beads in a jar and PG solution, which I doubt). This is just a miscommunication based on the word "beads".

Do a quick search via Google for "humidifier crystal jar" and see what pops up. I'm 99% sure this is what you are saying your wife picked up. Whole different ball of wax from Heartfelt-type beads.

r3db4r0n

BoM Jan '11
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I've personally not had the greatest experiences with Gel systems and have found that - along with everyone else who swears by it - that beads from heartfeltindustries.com are certainly the way to go. You may also want to consider http://www.hcmbeads.com, while more expensive, they claim to have a faster recharge rate and hold humidity better. From what I've heard from those I've talked to, once they are "set" you don't need to worry about them for months.

Hope this helps