What's new

Uggggghhhhhh

nc_6789

Nick
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Ey so whatever happened brother? Freakin out now as I just added more 69s to my humi and rh is at 63 so I took em all and moved em to Tupperware containers cuz I was worried lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nc_6789

Nick
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Some people permanently store at 63. My point was that in the 60s is nothing to worry about. Might not be your sweet spot personally, but your sticks aren't getting ruined
Ah ok so then if it slowly increases it should be fine? The fluctuation won't cause issues?

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Ah ok so then if it slowly increases it should be fine? The fluctuation won't cause issues?

10% increase, which will take time anyways

Everything is going to be ok

You should be on T by now in the daily routine right? Worry about that instead

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I wouldn't smoke pardon Annys at 61%rh but that's my 2 nickels. CCs maybe

HillbillyPyro

that's what she said
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
I wouldn't worry about it. I keep mine (mostly) at 65%. Mine dropped to 62% earlier last week, assuming due to weather changes . Got it back up to 65 again. Really as long as they are 60 and above you've nothing to worry about. I think once it drops into the 50's and lower you start losing the chance of bringing the flavors back and cracking wrappers. Just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

nc_6789

Nick
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I wouldn't worry about it. I keep mine (mostly) at 65%. Mine dropped to 62% earlier last week, assuming due to weather changes . Got it back up to 65 again. Really as long as they are 60 and above you've nothing to worry about. I think once it drops into the 50's and lower you start losing the chance of bringing the flavors back and cracking wrappers. Just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Just curious, this question can go for anyone, but I have 17 69% Boveda in the humi and my rh is sitting at 62...just bought a new hygro cuz I broke the other one and calibrated it with a Boveda calibration pick so it's reading correctly...do I need to reseason the humi? I'm getting worried it's gonna keep dropping

I realized I kinda asked a similar question earlier but now I have 17 packs in lol where as before I had maybe 10-12, sorry for the annoying/stupid question

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Humidors are sitting at 61%. Thinking it may be the change in weather. I've made sure my hydrometer is calibrated and it seems to be accurate. Went out and bought the 72% large boveda packs last night and threw two each into my humidors. Checked them again this morning and they were still at 61%.

I'm at a loss. I did the only thing I could thing of and that was throw them all into ziplock bags until I can figure out what's happening. We are going out of town this morning and I didn't want to leave them to chance.

Tell us more about you humi. If it's all wood then the wood, remember sometime wood will swell and contract as the temp rises and falls. It's possible the wood has contracted in the colder weather and is having a sealing issue.

You can uses a flashlight to check your seal. Read more about that here. http://www.cheaphumidors.com/blog/humidors/how-to-fix-the-seal-on-a-leaky-humidor/

Good luck

Rating - 90%
9   1   0

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
I've left a cigar out of the humi for a week and it still smoked fine. Lol just so you get a reference point as to how long it takes a cigar to lose moisture. It's not an immediate change other than in extreme situations. (Hot and humid or outside winter and dry.)

A reminder that even a one degree temp change in either direction will show a change in humidification by a few %. Such as your humi is at 65/65 and the temp drops to 64, you might read 64/67 or if it drops to 62, you might read 62/71 and so on. It works the same in the other direction. If you're at 65/65 and your temps increase to 66, you might read 66/63 and if your temps go up to 68, you might read 68/61. But once it gets back to 65, you'll read 65/65 again. There will always be fluctuation.