What's new

warranty

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
here is my point. you can buy a no name lighter for $5, or you can buy that same lighter with a brand name stamped on it for $20. No guarantee with the no name lighter, lifetime warranty with the name brand. still the same lighter. which do you want?
I would choose the $20 lighter. If it really is the same lighter, sold for $5, that's only because at some point during production it failed a QC check. Some companies will take the lesser quality products and sell them cheaper w/out the brand name. So now for $5 you have a $20 lighter with a possible defect and no warranty to protect you when that defect rears its ugly head. Like I said in my earlier post, my time and piece of mind are worth more than the $15 extra it would cost to get a product that was good enough to put the company's name on it.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
To me, why can't I have both. That's why I have a Palio Cutter. Lifetime warranty, works everytime perfectly and was not crazy prized. I believe you get what you pay for.! And I have never used the warranty, as my cutter has never broken.
Perfect. :thumbsup:

here is my point. you can buy a no name lighter for $5, or you can buy that same lighter with a brand name stamped on it for $20. No guarantee with the no name lighter, lifetime warranty with the name brand. still the same lighter. which do you want?
I want the $20 lighter
Absolutely.

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
If a product is a good quality product and a manufacturer is willing to stand behind his product then it should be both high quality and a great warranty.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I do not mind paying more for a product that is of good quality. I expect it to work and work for a long time. Most of the quality stuff only comes with a one or two year warranty, does not matter what it is, a lighter or a drill. If it comes with a life time no questions asked warranty then so be it. that said i have replaced my lighter 3 times. I only paid for it once and have not paid to ship it back.