What's new

Water pillow leakage on a cigar...What to do?

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
What do you do if and when you get water pillow stuff on a cigar? The cigar has a little slime (lack of better description) on it? Is the cigar salvageable?

Keep It? Smoke it? Clean it?

Thanks

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
The pillow left an oily slime on the cigar.

I'm guessing the Post office was a little rough on the package and caused the pillow to secrete its juices onto one of the firecrackers.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
That bothers me that this happened on a package i sent..... Especially when I made sure it was packaged properly! Those thinner boxes seem to get pretty banged up in shipping.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
That bothers me that this happened on a package i sent..... Especially when I made sure it was packaged properly! Those thinner boxes seem to get pretty banged up in shipping.
You packaged it great! These boxes just SUCK.

I just hope the cigar salvageable. The stuff seems to have penetrated into the outer tobacco and caused a soft spot about half the length of the cigar.

anyone think there is anything I can do? Or Should I just light it up before its a loss.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
You packaged it great! These boxes just SUCK.

I just hope the cigar salvageable. The stuff seems to have penetrated into the outer tobacco and caused a soft spot about half the length of the cigar.

anyone think there is anything I can do? Or Should I just light it up before its a loss.
I would think wiping it off would be fine, but if you don't feel comfortable with that, just pitch it. I have another one coming for you tomorrow with a bodygaurd or two.....

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I would think wiping it off would be fine, but if you don't feel comfortable with that, just pitch it. I have another one coming for you tomorrow with a bodygaurd or two.....
Thanks Craig! I really appreciate that! But don't feel like you have to. You did everything on your side to protect the cigars. It's just that these boxes can't seem to take any sort of beating.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
a little advice. when using a water pillow cigar humidifier for humidifying a package of cigars, do not use too much water. Figure it might be out on the road for a few days up to a week. The most water or humidor solution that I would use would be about a teaspoon. Thats all you need, and based on my experience, it should be just about impossible for any fluid to leak out of the Water Pillow Cigar Humidifier.

check out my blog post on the Water Pillow cigar humidifier.http://www.cigargadget.com/water-pillow-cigar-humidifiers/

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
a little advice. when using a water pillow cigar humidifier for humidifying a package of cigars, do not use too much water. Figure it might be out on the road for a few days up to a week. The most water or humidor solution that I would use would be about a teaspoon. Thats all you need, and based on my experience, it should be just about impossible for any fluid to leak out of the Water Pillow Cigar Humidifier.

check out my blog post on the Water Pillow cigar humidifier.http://www.cigargadget.com/water-pillow-cigar-humidifiers/
Great advice Ron!! And truthfully, probably don't even need to add a pillow when using priority mail 1 state over....