What's new

Water pillow leakage on a cigar...What to do?

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Well when Craig says that he'll send you a replacement, there's no talking him out of it! And he said it would get to me safely and with body guards. Even thought he's replacing something that's not his fault. Those new priority boxes SUCK! and they crush way too easily.

So today sitting at my door is a another package from Craig. First off, it's boxed in the old priority box. I rip of the tear strip and what do I find inside? One of the new priority boxes with bubble wrap securing it from moving around. So, I open that box and there is more bubble wrap (man, is there anything in there? if there is, I'm never gonna get to it.) Secured in the bubble wrap is a 3 finger plastic bag folded over and taped shut. It's like trying to get through Fort Knox. Here's what blows me away, to protect the firecracker he sends me an A. Fuente, Hemingway Short Story (i think) and a DPG Black.

THANKS!

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Well when Craig says that he'll send you a replacement, there's no talking him out of it! And he said it would get to me safely and with body guards. Even thought he's replacing something that's not his fault. Those new priority boxes SUCK! and they crush way too easily.

So today sitting at my door is a another package from Craig. First off, it's boxed in the old priority box. I rip of the tear strip and what do I find inside? One of the new priority boxes with bubble wrap securing it from moving around. So, I open that box and there is more bubble wrap (man, is there anything in there? if there is, I'm never gonna get to it.) Secured in the bubble wrap is a 3 finger plastic bag folded over and taped shut. It's like trying to get through Fort Knox. Here's what blows me away, to protect the firecracker he sends me an A. Fuente, Hemingway Short Story (i think) and a DPG Black.

THANKS!
Yes, that's the Short Story, I felt bad a stick I sent to you got damaged so I had to replace it, enjoy bro!!

Those are the larger VHS boxes and I would recomend people just get those instead of the smaller VHS boxes, they are thicker and give more room to add more protection!!!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
so did you smoke the one that was leaked on? I got a package today with a T110 that was leaked on...also came in the new priority box...

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
a little advice. when using a water pillow cigar humidifier for humidifying a package of cigars, do not use too much water. Figure it might be out on the road for a few days up to a week. The most water or humidor solution that I would use would be about a teaspoon. Thats all you need, and based on my experience, it should be just about impossible for any fluid to leak out of the Water Pillow Cigar Humidifier.

check out my blog post on the Water Pillow cigar humidifier.http://www.cigargadget.com/water-pillow-cigar-humidifiers/
Ok, now I understand the other post and "leakage". Since I am new to this board, is it not a given that cigars be shipped priority? This was a given on other board I've been with for the past 4 years. If the cigars are bagged up properly humidification is not needed. Temp control would of greater importance.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
you are not able to control temp of shipped cigars.

during warm humid summer months, humidification is probably not needed.

if shipping during winter, I would use a humidifier.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
[ame="http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=30202"]do I have to teach you guys everything - BOTL Cigar Forums - Brothers of the Leaf[/ame]