What's new

What would you want in your "perfect" humidor setup?

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I would have to say my perfect humidor would be one about the size of a medium sized walk in closet, cedar walls and shelves. That would then be connected to my personal smoking lounge. In the basement of course. Yeah that is my perfect humidor.

d-boy

Zach Emerson DeBoy
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
I would want a drawer that was like a secret door to narnia but instead of narnia, a door to the Drew Estate rolling factory lol.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Storage for 200 sticks
4-6 separate trays
Lots of tray dividers
Deep enough to store 4-6 full boxes below the trays
2 deep accessory drawers
Birdseye maple with padduck & ebony tribal design inlays
Thick kiln dried Spanish cedar interior
Metal lining in the lid
Stainless steel hinges, lock, key
Deadly accurate stainless hygrometer

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Perfect Humidor for me would be a maintanence free one. One that keeps temps at 70-73 degrees F and RH at 65%. Nice wood and carbon fiber outside with a lightly tinted glass front.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I actually really love the look of what you posted, drawers with a glass-front door.

For me, the perfect humi would include built-in area for a removable bead container, possibly at the back of each drawer, as I don't like electronic humidification. Takes up room, and is unnecessary for only 200 sticks. Also, a system for thin dividers that could be placed at many different intervals. All-natural Spanish cedar interior, no finish inside. Carbon fiber or ebony exterior.

If I were limited to 200 sticks, I'd look at something that would hold about 50 per drawer with about 4 drawers. Or maybe 40 across 5 drawers. Each would have ample room for beads and dividers. I wouldn't worry about box storage with only 200 sticks. If I bought a box, and had a 200-stick humi, Id just unpack them and put them in the drawers, I wouldn't waste the space trying to accommodate packaging.

The main thing would be an accurate hygrometer. If I could do anything, it would be a really high end professional hygrometer of some kind with a display you could read from looking at the door.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
a friend of mine had a humidor built with exact dimensions of a coffin. He has it full of cigars and plans on being buried in it and have his friends smoke any cigars he has left and sprinkle the ashes on his grave.

I'll keep the humidor I have if I am limited to 200 cigars. Mine holds about 400-500 cigars depending on size.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh... As long as I have a handful of great smokes and friends to share them with I'm happy.
I have the smokes, but lacking in the friends department. Poor me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
You're not alone. I have friends, but not smoking friends. Tried giving my best friend an Oliva Serie G at his bachelor party and he said he couldn't handle it and ditched it after about an inch.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I don't need much in a humidor, the ones I have aren't display pieces. So maybe a medium cabinet that looks nice but you can't tell from the outside that it's a humidor. That way it fits in nicely and the wife can't complain.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw this humidor the other day made by Arlin Liss and it offers about 90% of what I am looking for in "my" perfect humidor. It holds 350 cigars and has a great large drawer for accessories. I would like a little more depth to hold some boxes and would prefer a more contemporary style, but other than that this is it. Alas, at $4,500 for this unit I will most likely be shopping at Cheap Humidors for my next box.

Preview_Large.jpgSnapshot_6_Large.jpgSnapshot_7_Large.jpg

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh... As long as I have a handful of great smokes and friends to share them with I'm happy.
I have the smokes, but lacking in the friends department. Poor me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
You're not alone. I have friends, but not smoking friends. Tried giving my best friend an Oliva Serie G at his bachelor party and he said he couldn't handle it and ditched it after about an inch.
I play poker with some friends about once a month or so & have the same problem. None of them smoke, but want a cigar while playing cards. If you give them something good they put it out after 1/3 or so, which I dread. I usually keep some JR Alternatives around since most of those are worth smoking (I will smoke them) and not as bad as the dog rockets that some companies try to sell (20 cigars for $29.99 plus a humidor comes to mind).