What's new

Why use distilled water

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Making distilled water isn’t just boiling the water. They use a device to catch the condensation and channel it to another container. Think of it like a funnel upside down over the pot that is larger in diameter. Much like a liquor still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Making distilled water isn’t just boiling the water. They use a device to catch the condensation and channel it to another container. Think of it like a funnel upside down over the pot that is larger in diameter. Much like a liquor still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes like making moonshine.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Interesting discussion. Here is my synopsis of the comments so far.
1. Minerals are not an issue when using tap water vapor to condition Bovedas or humidors since the minerals will not evaporate.
2. Minerals in tap water may have an adverse effect on humidification media due to the residual minerals left behind
3. If your tap water is chlorinated then the out gassing may be an issue for your cigars.
4. Distilled water is so cheap just use it and don't worry about any potential issues.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I don’t apply water directly to the bovedas. I’d be concerned with water compromising the paper. I recharge mine in a sealed Tupperware container suspended above a reservoir of distilled water.
I used to do rehydrate Bovedas like that but someone told me that water doesn't bother them. I tried it and it's true. So now I just dunk them in a bowl of "distilled" water for a few hours. I've done it several times with no problems.