What's new

Whynter 2.5 cubic foot cigar cooler humidor

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Yea I got mine about two weeks ago. I love it. Went a little crazy and over-wet my beads at start up so the humidity was a little high, but besides that it's great. Looks very nice and constructed well. You won't be sorry!
What would you suggest using to humidify? My wife is wanting to set it up so it's functional when I get home in Feb, and I still haven't figured out what I'm going to end up using to humidify, but I'm about to put in a few orders to have stuff to come home to, already nice and well rested.

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
What would you suggest using to humidify? My wife is wanting to set it up so it's functional when I get home in Feb, and I still haven't figured out what I'm going to end up using to humidify, but I'm about to put in a few orders to have stuff to come home to, already nice and well rested.
I am currently using around a half pound of 70% beads and it seems to be doing fine. I may pick up another half pound to disperse throughout later, but so far so good.
Picked up a digital hygrometer to be sure it was set correctly since the analog ones are untrustworthy. I will say that the analog that came with mine has been spot on with the digital one so far.
There is a fan at the back of the unit that runs most of the time and I believe it is in there to circulate for temperature and humidity. I placed one of the drawers directly in front of this fan and this causes the air to move up and down instead of straight out. The fan shroud has vent holes all the way around so the drawer is not restricting the fan in any way.
Hope this helps!

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I should have prefaced that post with the fact that this is my first wineador. It is still trial and error for me and I'll bet there are others on this site that could better answer this question. Don't want to steer you wrong!

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
If your wife is helping set it up for you then I would suggest looking into an Oasis system. It's probably the easiest to set it and forget it, Famous usually has it on Monster for about $80 so I would look for that deal. I bought mine off ebay for a little bit more, found it on monster after I had already purchased mine.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
If your wife is helping set it up for you then I would suggest looking into an Oasis system. It's probably the easiest to set it and forget it, Famous usually has it on Monster for about $80 so I would look for that deal. I bought mine off ebay for a little bit more, found it on monster after I had already purchased mine.
Thanks for the help man, I'll definitely look into that.