What's new

Wine cooler questions - drawer setup and general ...

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
I went all drawers, six top to bottom, then ended up getting a second wino for boxes... which eventually got six more drawers as well! I just figured why waste the space that boxes take up. I'm not REALLY gaining anything by keeping them boxed. So, now I just run two, both all drawers, all loose cigars.
Good call on buying from John. (I wish I would have) He ended up getting booked out quick, but it will be worth the wait!
There is nothing wrong with using Boveda in a wineador. It's actually a better sealed environment than a wooden desktop, more akin to Tupperware. (assuming you season properly before moving Boveda & cigars in - don't rush this part!) That said, I went in to it with the KL below the bottom drawer and fans on timers because I'm an automation geek and it would have felt wrong not to. (I did end up running a couple Boveda in each drawer, though) If I were to do it all over again, I'd likely follow @StogieNinja's Boveda/KL model, as well as ditch the false front bottom drawer for a custom two drawer solution for even more singles storage.
Beads are a waste of money, no where near as reliable as Boveda, and ten times the price of silica KL. I wish I could go back and stop myself from my early on HF beads purchase and use that money for another box of cigars!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
By the way, I changed my avatar. I hate doing that as one becomes recognized by it, but I've only been here a couple weeks, and I think I just replaced my go-to daily smoke--the Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur--with the Joya Red. So rather than use a brand logo, I went with a cartoon character, Baby Herman! Now I won't change it again.

Cheers,
John

Old avatar

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
May have been mentioned but I got a liga and tat sticker on the bay for a great bucks each

As for set up I only have the 18 bottle so I got 1 shelf, and I keep my boxes in a cooler for longer term

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I run mine with bovedas. I just shove one in each side of each drawer, in the gap between the wall and each drawer. Works flawlessly and because it's sealed you hardly ever have to recharge them. Last like a coolidor.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
words........ Unlike, you, I tend to over research things. ... more words upon.
Mother of God....I literally lol'd so loud at this, I woke up the dog.

I've known JC for damn near 10 years now, and the one thing he is, is OCD, and will go head first, into any and all sources of possible research. Granted, I'm a little late to this party of JC getting his wineador, and subsequently already has the damn thing overflowing with smokes, since his first post.

Holy crap I found that such an awesome reply to one of JC's long ass posts too.

T

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Mother of God....I literally lol'd so loud at this, I woke up the dog.

I've known JC for damn near 10 years now, and the one thing he is, is OCD, and will go head first, into any and all sources of possible research. Granted, I'm a little late to this party of JC getting his wineador, and subsequently already has the damn thing overflowing with smokes, since his first post.

T
Hahahaha! :happy: Hey, T! Huge Nerd is here, too, anyone else from our house on this board that you know of?

JC