What's new

Wineador Humdification Problems

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A question for wineador folks out there. I've had NewAir 280-E with drawers and shelves by Forrest for about a year now and everything was working swimmingly. Then I noticed (heard) my cigar oasis was running all the time inside the wineador.

I checked my 4 bead bags and they were all dry. I wet them with distilled water and put them back. The oasis stopped running after about 15 mins and all was good.

A few days later the same thing is happening again. The oasis is running all the time and the bead bags are dry . I go through the same process all over again.

This goes on a few times then I check the drain plug and reservoir for the water and it is completely filled and leaking into the back of the NewAir 280 (no damage).

Then I monitor this problem for the next two times and the same things occur. Oasis runs all the time, beads are dry, wet beads, oasis stops running, two days later oasis is running again, beads are dry and resevoir in back is filled with water.

I'm in NJ so the humidity is OK as I have my AC on and I use 65% RH beads.

Any advice or comments is appreciated. Thanks

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
280e is thermoelectric so should not be pulling rh down. The only thing that could say right off the bat would be the seal on the door but assume you probably already looked at that. Are you refilling the beads each time you check and notice they are dry?

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
check your cigar oasis...

2 things...

1) they are notorious for only lasting a year or so before crapping out.. its possible yours is running, but not putting any RH into the air... (fan not working correctly.. etc...)

2) check your resevoir.. make sure it is full.. and that there is nothing preventing the flow of RH from getting to the other part of the unit (where the motor and the fan are).. When my resevior starts getting low my unit runs continuously.. not sure why.. the little LED display is supposed to just flash "low".. but mine doesnt do that.. it just runs.. (and thereby lets me know to add water)..

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I had a similar problem. Beads would dry out WAY fast and there was water in the bottom. I increased the temp to around 68, and have had no problems since. When I had it lower, there was water in the bottom of my unit all the time, and the beads would dry out in just a couple of days. The thermostat on my vinotemp is nowhere near correct. I just read the thermometers inside, and adjust the temp as needed.

~~fred

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
I had a similar problem. Beads would dry out WAY fast and there was water in the bottom. I increased the temp to around 68, and have had no problems since. When I had it lower, there was water in the bottom of my unit all the time, and the beads would dry out in just a couple of days. The thermostat on my vinotemp is nowhere near correct. I just read the thermometers inside, and adjust the temp as needed.

~~fred
I leave the temp set at 66F on both of mine. Never had a drop of water in the bottom. It depends on ambient temperature and humidity what goes on inside. During the summer months, mine had a tough time keeping up and sometimes the temp would be at 70, but still no moisture accumulated inside.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD