What's new

Wineador... New lesson learned

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I have heard people mention using KL in conjuntion with Bolivia packs or other chemical RH methods. I do not recommend this. KL like Beads are only to be used with Distilled Water. Anything else can clog them up and make them inaffective.
The way Bovedas work is basically the same as the way silica beads or KL works, in that both basically use a mix of salts and water that determines at what rh level the pack released or absorbs moisture. But the Boveda pack is only releasing water, just as the beads or KL is only releasing water, so if it comes from the Boveda pack, it's safe for the beads or KL, and vice versa.

It's perfectly safe to use Bovedas and KL or beads together.

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
image.jpg
View attachment 65059 I put together my AW280-e about a month and a half ago. I had been having a hard time getting an even humidity level top to bottom. I was getting up to 75% humidity in the third shelf. My first mistake was I did not season the drawers. My second mistake was going with 70% humidity beads. O yea, there was mistake number three, I filled up almost every drawer to the max. I replaced the beads with 65% Bovida packs. The beads were taking up to much room anyway. I did plug the hole with tape and put in a PC fan for circulation. Now with the temp on the unit set at 64 degrees I'm getting 63% in the top drawer, 70% in the third drawer, 67% in the fourth drawer and 65% in the sixth drawer, and have not been running the fan. I found with the fan on the humidity went up. I'm OK with it now. I would like to see that third drawer get down to 67%, but 70% now is better then the 75% it was at. Does anyone have two of the coolers? I was thinking of getting another one and was curious if that can be stacked on top of each other.
Yes they can but you need to attaché two pieces of wood and Notch out room for the door hardware