What's new

wineador

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I put a fan on the bottom with a timer to circulate the humidity plus half pound of heartfelt beads. This thing stays on 65/65

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can order the humidity to want for the beads and they have a chart that shows how much you need. For this size, a half pound is plenty, and great for quick recovery after you open it. I think I spent $20 on them but well worth it. Never used the litter before, but have heard good results there. The beads are set and forget though

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
If you are on a budget, go for unscented silicate cat litter. KL for short. There must be a dozen treads about it.
Its the same material as the HF beads but in a different form factor.

And its dirt cheap.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My Wine-a-dor 004.JPG Your choice depends on a couple variables; how much storage you want, and will you need it to cool as well as store. Most "coolers" that exceed 32btls will prolly have compressors and are fine for storage only. If you need to cool, stay away from compressors and go with thermoelectric since it doesn't rob your sticks of humidity. I started with a 16btl Culinair which had great reviews, cost only $136 delivered, and its working great. Naturally, after only 4 weeks, I'm already lookin for a bigger unit. I started by checking the various models on Amazon since they offer customer reviews and "answered questions" which helped me avoid a lemon unit. If you do need it to cool, be wary of used units. A wineador is the only answer in warmer areas- good luck!

Last edited:

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
it will be temp regulated in my house. In the winter we keep it at 67-70 and summer 72-74 but it will be in my basement where it is always cooler than rest of the house