What's new

Did anyone do the Mod on the Edgestar TWR282S

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
I am using a wine cooler 28 count, I don't even have mine plugged in. I plugged the hole in the back with duct tape and have 1 hrdra w/ 2 fans and 1 pound of beads in a nylon on the bottom and I tend to stay betwen 67-72.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
i called them before and they said the fan runs all the time. IDK, maybe they didnt want to deal with it...
The Edgestar will run all the time, unless you put an etc on it. The only control on the Edgestar is the temp knob, which will fluctuate the temp between approx. 60 and 65 degrees. If you don't want the fan to run all the time, then you need to hook it up to an etc, which will turn the fan on when you reach a temp setpoint, that you set, and it will turn the fan off when the temp drops to a certain point below the setpoint, which you can also set.

I have mine set to 70 degrees, with a 3 degree variation, so the fan kicks on when the temp hits 70, and shuts back off when the temp drops to 67. The ambient temp in my home is 74 - 78 degrees, and the fan turns on for 3 or 4 minutes, then shuts off for around 15 minutes.