What's new

Got beetles boys

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I've never found a beetle, but one time while smoking I heard an odd "pop" sound. I kept smoking it, but it freaked me out. To this day I choose to believe it was the binder popping from the heat and not .... something else.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a bug in my mouth once. Luckely i freeze the cigars of manufactures that don't freeze them before shipping, so it was a dead one. The cigar in question didn't have any holes on the outside though.
I've never found a beetle, but one time while smoking I heard an odd "pop" sound. I kept smoking it, but it freaked me out. To this day I choose to believe it was the binder popping from the heat and not .... something else.
Not to sound like a little girl but EW. I seriously cannot imagine it. If that happens to me I don't know what I'll do. Ugh, I hate bugs...

SuprHasan

I'm finished with cigars
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I was about to start a new thread about beetles after tonight's inspection :(

I found 3 insects on an MC2. I've never seen beetles before and don't know what was on the cigar. They were like 1/4mm in size, white and walking all over the place.
Luckily, I isolated the stogies (4 in total) after examining all 53 cigars very carefully. Strange thing is that there were no holes anywhere in any of the cigars.
I can't understand how this could happen coz I keep all my cigars in 1 humidor and store the whole humi in a wine cooler at 18c and 65% using 1lb HF 65%. Temp and humidity (digital) are rock solid 24/7 and haven't moved since installing the cooler. Everything calibratetd every 2 months with salt test.
I currently have the offending stogies quarantined in a seperate tupperware with their own HF stick. Monitoring this for a few days to see what happens. I've also turned down the temp to the minimum. I think it'll fall to 13-14c. Will keep you updated.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was about to start a new thread about beetles after tonight's inspection :(

I found 3 insects on an MC2. I've never seen beetles before and don't know what was on the cigar. They were like 1/4mm in size, white and walking all over the place.
Luckily, I isolated the stogies (4 in total) after examining all 53 cigars very carefully. Strange thing is that there were no holes anywhere in any of the cigars.
I can't understand how this could happen coz I keep all my cigars in 1 humidor and store the whole humi in a wine cooler at 18c and 65% using 1lb HF 65%. Temp and humidity (digital) are rock solid 24/7 and haven't moved since installing the cooler. Everything calibratetd every 2 months with salt test.
I currently have the offending stogies quarantined in a seperate tupperware with their own HF stick. Monitoring this for a few days to see what happens. I've also turned down the temp to the minimum. I think it'll fall to 13-14c. Will keep you updated.
Tobacco Beetles are reddish brown, not white.

Attachments

SuprHasan

I'm finished with cigars
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
If my camera was good enough, I'd have taken a pic, but they were so darn tiny!