What's new

Humidor advice? Is this a good buy?

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
404   0   0
The cooler is a great, cheap way to go. But, maintaining constant humidity levels will be a pain if it's mostly empty. Since your just starting your collection, I really think you should buy 1-2 large tupperware & a couple bovedas. Then, while your cigars are in there, decide if you like this hobby enough to fill the cooler. (If you can see yourself buying 1-2 boxes, you'll fill the cooler!). If so, buy a cooler & fill it w/ empty boxes. Put in a couple lbs of beads & let it stabilize for a while. No rush, because you have the tupperware. As your collection grows, fill the empty boxes with singles, or replace them with full boxes! :)
^^Great Advice^^^

Plus if you never get to the point of needing the cooler for your cigars you can still use the cooler.....as a cooler.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The cooler is a great, cheap way to go. But, maintaining constant humidity levels will be a pain if it's mostly empty. Since your just starting your collection, I really think you should buy 1-2 large tupperware & a couple bovedas. Then, while your cigars are in there, decide if you like this hobby enough to fill the cooler. (If you can see yourself buying 1-2 boxes, you'll fill the cooler!). If so, buy a cooler & fill it w/ empty boxes. Put in a couple lbs of beads & let it stabilize for a while. No rush, because you have the tupperware. As your collection grows, fill the empty boxes with singles, or replace them with full boxes! :)
This sounds like the best thing for me right now. You guys are awesome! Thanks again!