What's new

Humidor Reeks!

Rating - 100%
62   0   1
Dude.....if the charcoal doesn't work, (since you already ordered it), spend the dough on new beads and be done with it. I do hope you've found a way to remove your smokes from that environment, cuz if you don't they're goners in a matter of days. Got tupperware?

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
active charcoal or baking soda.
Ditto. I have an old desktop that was given to me that had this happen to it. Honestly, it still smells a little bit, but no longer enough to ruin anything. I still use it, but only for cheaper stuff.

In the mean time, tupperware or even a ziplock bags (I'd use a bag inside a bag) will work to keep your smokes at a decent rH.

SuprHasan

I'm finished with cigars
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I don't want to turn this into a spam war. But why the shilala over the HF?
My own personal experience. Both products have their place.
In the humidor, the HF works fine. Didn't work well in the wineador. Dried out quickly and didn't maintain RH. I keep it turned on and condensation just rolls down the back.
HCM worked perfectly in the wineador. Maintaining a perfect RH. It was like magic.

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Dude.....if the charcoal doesn't work, (since you already ordered it), spend the dough on new beads and be done with it. I do hope you've found a way to remove your smokes from that environment, cuz if you don't they're goners in a matter of days. Got tupperware?
haha thanks for the concern. All the smokes are safe and out of the humi. We'll see how the charcoal works tomorrow, if no, then i'll just spring for some more beads.