What's new

Hygrometer trouble.

Rating - 87.5%
7   1   0
Okay, all my hygrometers are reading 77% so that's not too far off. But when I put them back in the humidor they read about 7% off of each other.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Ok Greg, Just to be safe, pack up all your smokes in a tupperware and send them to me, for safe keeping. My addy is in my profile.:wink:

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Okay, all my hygrometers are reading 77% so that's not too far off. But when I put them back in the humidor they read about 7% off of each other.
They're reading 77% in the Boveda ziplock? Meaning they are all +2? You need to leave them in for at least 48 (and preferably 72 or more) hours before you can be assured of what they'll read in relation to the 75% pack.

Four shouldn't fit in there at once, so just test one or two at a time and put a little sticker on them with the results (+2, -1, etc.) and the calibration date. I calibrate mine once a year.

Rating - 87.5%
7   1   0
Okay, so I took everyone's advice and calibrated my hygrometers, removed the tray, but kept the cigar oasis. Hey, I paid $109 for that damn thing. And I'm happy to announce that every time I open the lid I get a big whiff of well humidified premium tobacco thrown in my face, and they're burning and tasting great. Thanks a lot everyone.