What's new

Let me introduce myself w/ pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks my friends. That cabinet is actually only 15 inches tall. It took me 6 months to build it. I am going to be building myself a new cabinet soon. |Here's a drawing.

BGC

Zach
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Excellent and welcome. I am a carpenter and woodworker myself and I must say I am very impressed. I wish I had the time to do more things like that for myself, but all the nice things I create are always for other people. Although I will have to make time soon, probably not I'll end up just making a coolerdor.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome work HM!

Soundwave13, The wood looks to be sealed with some kind of satin finish, and my guess is that cigar ashes will not stain or mar the wood in any way. I'm hoping that you're not stubbing out your finished cigars in your ashtrays! Everyone knows you must let the stick die on its own with dignity. :) I would think that simply dumping the ashes and periodically washing the ashtray would be enough to keep it looking like new.

I've seen some of your work before, I think it's incredible!

Question - do you make your ashtrays with a glass insert in mind, so that the beauty of the wood can be preserved? If so, do you recomend a particular source or is it standarized?

Keep at it bro - looks awesome!

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Howdy Bill and All:

I hope you are doing great.

I know this is an older thread. But I have a little extra money and was thinking about one of these ashtrays but have a question like one of the other posters, is there a glass insert or something? I would think the wood would get all dirty and such.

Any thoughts on this? Looking here they are just beautiful- http://www.humidorminister.com/ashtray_gallery.html

Best regards, tony

Status
Not open for further replies.