Rating - 100%
8   0   0
ok, I am veneering everything right now, next step case assembly

so the veneer goes on like this

and then turns into this

and what once was this

looks now like this

this will make all the drawers, dividers and stuff like that

and I havent even bought the cherry for the face frame and the doors yet.
too bad everything is closed today, well, gotta do it next week

thanx for looking guys

Last edited:

sascha

size does matter
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I just finished the panel with the 2 cooling units and mounted them in. now I just need a pretty container to hold the condensation. I want an acrylic thingy.

can't wait to mount it all in.

had a good weekend. the last side is getting the zebra wood veneer, then just some spanish cedar on the other side and I'm done veneering. by next weekend I'll start the drawers and shelves

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Just out of curiousity what kind of tools do you need for a job like this? I'd love to build my own like you guys and my limiting factor would be the wood working tools needed. Of course this is just me being ambitious and I will probably just fork the $$ over for an Avallo.

sascha

size does matter
Rating - 100%
8   0   0

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Just out of curiousity what kind of tools do you need for a job like this? I'd love to build my own like you guys and my limiting factor would be the wood working tools needed. Of course this is just me being ambitious and I will probably just fork the $$ over for an Avallo.

Ambition is great, but it's cheaper to buy the avallo and stock it.:halfgrinw

sascha

size does matter
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
ok, veneering done, glue-up done, now wiring, finish and I can finally start on the face frame and the doors, just need to get some cherry.

the cooling units are installed in a SC panel, just simply easier to install this way and I can easily take it out if something ever breaks and just install a new panel.

now I need to clean up the wires and start installing the drawer glides and shelves, probably what I'll do today 4 shelves, 2 drawers

I already had everything running, sounds awesome to have 4 fans, 4 cooling units and 4 bottles running

when everything is done, I will run a bead of silicone around the cooling unit and the edges of the panel to make sure it's all tight.

man I can't wait until I'm done

updates will keep coming, until then, here a link to my site

http://www.pbase.com/saschagast/humidor_construction