What's new

more humidor progress as of 6/2/08 page 2

codemachine

Cigar n00b
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Just out of curiosity, how much money would you say you've spent on materials for this beautiful monstrosity? I'm not very good with power tools, but a friend of mine is. I'm wondering if I could talk him into doing something like this for me if I supply enough materials for two of them, one for him and one for me....

sascha

size does matter
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
uhm, I'm guessing including electronics, wood , the dual pane glass that's going in and misc, stuff $2500ish

the zebra wood is $22 for a board foot right now, the premium boards, spanish cedar is cheap. I got it for $5ish/bdft

codemachine

Cigar n00b
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
uhm, I'm guessing including electronics, wood , the dual pane glass that's going in and misc, stuff $2500ish

the zebra wood is $22 for a board foot right now, the premium boards, spanish cedar is cheap. I got it for $5ish/bdft
Hhmmm, a bit more than I was hoping, but not too bad considering how awesome that thing looks. Perhaps a cheaper veneer would help me afford it... I'll have to talk to my friend and see if he'd even be up for a project like this. Thanks for the info!

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Looks great! Keep up the great work.

I am also looking to build a humidor, probably in the size of 600-800 cigars. My current humidor is packed with about a 100. Going to invest in a coolidor in the next couple of weeks. I have been accumulating cigars faster than I can smoke.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Do you have anything that might catch any condensation tha might develop on the TE units? I know you have insulation so that should not be an issue, but just thought I'd ask.

What type of door are you going to put on the front?

sascha

size does matter
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Do you have anything that might catch any condensation tha might develop on the TE units? I know you have insulation so that should not be an issue, but just thought I'd ask.

What type of door are you going to put on the front?
yes, I am actually planning on going to the "container store" and get a long acrylic tray that get mounted underneath the coolers. I'll just need one that's about 16-18" long and i'' make a spanish cedar cover, then run a hose back into one of the bottles.

easy breezy

mnelson

Matthew
Rating - 98.3%
104   1   0
sounds like a nice solution to a potentially horrible problem

I do somthing similar in my vinotemps, i have the condensation running into small containers with some extra beads.

However i learned about this condensation the hard way. I had some smokes on the bottom, and they swelled up like balloons.....:sadstare: