What's new

Not Happy!

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I'd recommend Craftman's Bench humidors. It's a bit more expensive but I think you get what you pay for. I've had no issues and it has been a terrific piece. The finish is much nicer than the majority of discount humidors that you'll see around, and looks like heirloom quality. Just google the name and there are quite a few places online that sell them. The executive series are especially enough because the tops are magnetized and they can hold both your humidification device and hygrometer without have to put stickers on you wood, which is nice. I've had mine 4 years and the magnet isn't even close to losing any power.

If you're straight up balling and want a desktop you can't beat a Prometheus. They come with only one caveat, however, and that is that they hold humidity best without beads, xikar, boveda or any other "mainstream" humidification methods. The preferred humidification method for these top quality humidors is a stack of saturated $100 bills. Results can't be guaranteed when using pansy-ass $50's or less.

If you don't necessarily require a desktop and would like storage then a coolidor is the way to go. Holds humidity better than any other device and you can purchase custom shelves to fit the inside to hold singles, or hold boxes. Here is the link to a website to customize your coolidor: http://wineadors.com/coolidors.html Read nothing but fantastic reviews about the products they make.

No matter what you get I wish you the best of luck this next time around. Can't get much worse than a humidor without cedar.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Well they refunded my money and I am still sitting on two humis. The original and replacement. They want me to pay shipping, not gonna happen.
That doesn't sound like you bought through your Prime account, then. I'll only use Amazon, if I can actually buy from a Prime. Whenever I accidentally pick something that isn't, I cancel that order. I used a non-prime vendor ONCE and it was a giant nightmare. Basically, if it doesn't say Prime on the order, you aren't using Amazon for anything but a merchant account, and you have a higher chance of having issues. The return policies aren't the same as from Amazon itself, where they wouldn't ask you to pay a dime for shipping on a return. I buy a lot from Amazon Prime, and they are effortless with returns.
It wasn't a prime order. The seller had good communication thru the whole process, which was surprising. I am going to request they send me a pre paid packing slip if they want them back.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I have wineador fever currently and am researching going that route. I would do a coolidor, however, my house is relatively small. The wineador option would be a piece of furniture and not stand out as bad as a coolidor.