What's new

The Official Pipe and Tobacco Deals Thread

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if a Thursday pipe order would come with an ounce of the new blend for free...in addition to the usualy included ounce.
It looks like you don't have to wait until Thursday.

http://www.boswellpipes.com/tobaccoblends.html said:
Anniversary Special - All Boswell blends will be 35 cents off per ounce from April 17th to 24th! All tins will be 10% off. This is the first time we have ever discounted our blends!

We will also be debuting a new blend, Blend 35, and all customers who purchase a pipe from the 17th-24th will recieve a complimentary ounce.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Hmmm...is $35 per 8oz Esoterica bag a good price?
It's a good price for P&C, but they're notorious for gouging on hit brands.
Whenever it comes in at smokingpipes.com it's $25/8oz bag & $9/2oz tin, but then they sell out quick.
P&C is able to keep stock on hand because most people won't pay their prices. That said, $35/8oz isn't the WORST I've seen...

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
It's a good price for P&C, but they're notorious for gouging on hit brands.
Whenever it comes in at smokingpipes.com it's $25/8oz bag & $9/2oz tin, but then they sell out quick.
P&C is able to keep stock on hand because most people won't pay their prices. That said, $35/8oz isn't the WORST I've seen...
Well I just did a little math. I pay close to that for 8 ounces of Northwoods, which is readily available. $3 more for blends that are hard to find isn't bad. I ordered Margate & And So To Bed.

Is it OK to leave them in the bags, or should I jar them.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Well I just did a little math. I pay close to that for 8 ounces of Northwoods, which is readily available. $3 more for blends that are hard to find isn't bad. I ordered Margate & And So To Bed.

Is it OK to leave them in the bags, or should I jar them.
I've definitely paid that (or more) for the Penzance & Stonehaven, just to have it.
You'll hear both sides on storage. I've left mine in bags but then double sealed them in vacuum bags as well for peace of mind. Plus they all go in the big 60qt Weathertight Ziploc bins with 65% Boveda for good measure.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I've definitely paid that (or more) for the Penzance & Stonehaven, just to have it.
You'll hear both sides on storage. I've left mine in bags but then double sealed them in vacuum bags as well for peace of mind. Plus they all go in the big 60qt Weathertight Ziploc bins with 65% Boveda for good measure.
I'll throw them in FoodSaver bags and vacuum seal them. Thanks for the tip!

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dux is a Dr. Grabow stamp, correct?
I don't really know brother - the site describes them thusly (which sounds very much like a Dr. Grabow lol):

"They are called the Bruyere St. Claude, and what they are, in essence, are the (French) everyman's briar straight from a time when nearly every man would have had one on him."