What's new

Today’s Smoke - 2024

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks to my State Farm agent @Jakethesnake

Had three interviews today. I feel good about all of them, but one left me apprehensive. The listing didn't specify schedule or pay, but I applied. They didn't bring up either one until I asked. Then they gave me the "its a calling" line. Yeah, if anybody tells you the job is a calling, they are about to drop a load of manure on your head.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Trying not to let old habits come back, like trying to find that diamond on the rough bundle cigar that smokes above its pay grade. As I get back into cigars I've been buying only what I know I like, or from blenders I like. But old habits die hard and I figure for $3/ea worst case my machine made shortfill smoking father in law gets some "fancy cigars" that he'll keep in the fridge.

I bought a pack of all 3 flavors of these. Started with the Connie cause I don't smoke Connies and figured ill be most critical of it. But it was decent. Very light. Halfway through it picked up more spicy flavors but they were overshadowed by a creeping undertone of bitterness starting right at the middle. I pushed through for a bit but ended up tossing it about 45m in. I will revisit after a month or two, this one's only been in my humidor for a week and I want to be fair. 20240207_160658.jpg

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Trying not to let old habits come back, like trying to find that diamond on the rough bundle cigar that smokes above its pay grade. As I get back into cigars I've been buying only what I know I like, or from blenders I like. But old habits die hard and I figure for $3/ea worst case my machine made shortfill smoking father in law gets some "fancy cigars" that he'll keep in the fridge.

I bought a pack of all 3 flavors of these. Started with the Connie cause I don't smoke Connies and figured ill be most critical of it. But it was decent. Very light. Halfway through it picked up more spicy flavors but they were overshadowed by a creeping undertone of bitterness starting right at the middle. I pushed through for a bit but ended up tossing it about 45m in. I will revisit after a month or two, this one's only been in my humidor for a week and I want to be fair. View attachment 189178
I’m sure you’ve had one but my favorite current bundle smoke is the ichiban habano from room 101 They smoke better than a lot of bundle smokes. Mine have a few tears on them and I honestly don’t know if I smoked any prior to a month or few ago