What's new

Today’s Smoke - 2024

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
My praise for this cigar was short lived. First one was a dud. Open draw, canoed, multiple touchups, loose flakey ash, unremarkable flavor. Chalked it up to a bad roll, 2nd one was great. This is my third. Similar experience to the first. I'm halfway through and just tossed it in the ashtray. The uneven burn and loose flakey ash, open draw, unremarkable flavor is all back. Unfortunately I bought a box. Thankfully I know someone who will happily smoke anything I give him. This isn't an expensive cigar but at $5per, it's certainly more expensive than it deserves to be. This is cbid sampler quality. Unacceptable at this price.

20240213_081454.jpg

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Aladino vintage selection habano with thanks to @Palama

Overall decent, perfect construction, good flavor progression as it burned. Heavy on the dry woody flavors, some strong aromatic wood and peppery bite on retrohale. Middle was good with a sweet creaminess that I love but had an astringent quality throughout that I do not like. I went in prepared for this and ate some oily food beforehand and paired it with a root beer that complimented the cigar nicely. Still not my preferred flavor profile. I did finish it to 1" it wasn't bad, just wasn't my preference. 20240213_231803.jpg

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Impulse buy $30/tenski Fugazi "compare to fuente opus fuente fuente" I had very low expectations for this, but I have a longstanding habit of trying to find that diamond in the rough. Probably costs me more than just buying diamonds.

I am shocked. It's good. Real good. Nothing about this is a $3 cigar except the price I paid.

I have not smoked enough opus to offer a true comparison but it's ticking the boxes in my memory. Sweet creamy caramel, pecan, leathery some mineral/salty butter bit making me salivate. Medium body and flavor. Construction is perfect.

If it wasn't marketed as a knockoff, it could easily be boxed as a premium line from Pages.

20240214_120555.jpg