What's new

Today's Bourbon

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I cracked the Knob Creek 2001 LE that Brad @BloodWood generously gifted me, and I was not disappointed! Balance between oak and subtle dark fruit sweetness, and peanut shell hints on the finish! Just delicious, thank you again Brad!

Continued the bottle opening later with my newly acquired Maker's Mark FAE-01. I finished the FAE-02 that my GF bought me Christmas Eve in record time, and I had heard the FAE-01 was even better.

Very good, but the FAE-02 is better to my palate. Already have a trade in the works to grab another of those.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Don’t have a picture but yesterday was the Yagua and JC Newman The American release event at my shop. We had one of the reps there and saw some beautiful production pieces on the factory. We also had a rep from Uncle Nearest handing out sample pours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Matt @BourbonBinder, did you try the Uncle Nearest 1856? I am curious but haven't found a bar so I can get a pour.

Heading to a Kentucky Owl event tonight at a local liquor store. They will be selling the KO St Patty's Day release, but I really have no interest in buying that, just want to try some of the premium stuff.

Last night's 3 pours were ECBP A119. Well, it was two pours since I spilled most of one. But the glass did not break, Matt! :cool:

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Going to crack the barrel craft later tonight. The Bakers was a pleasant find today. This is the new label version and I also have an old label I’ve not cracked yet.
I have really been getting into Barrell recently, tried lots of batches and blends at some local places lately. Is that the 16 year Seagrass? How did you like it?

I definitely prefer the old label Baker''s which was "small batch" as opposed to the new version which is single barrel. Still several little mom&pop stores I know around here have the old Baker's still on the shelf at retail.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have really been getting into Barrell recently, tried lots of batches and blends at some local places lately. Is that the 16 year Seagrass? How did you like it?

I definitely prefer the old label Baker''s which was "small batch" as opposed to the new version which is single barrel. Still several little mom&pop stores I know around here have the old Baker's still on the shelf at retail.
I ended up not opening it. Had a few things come up and didnt get a chance to. I’ll get to it at some point but yes it is the 16yr version.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Matt @BourbonBinder, did you try the Uncle Nearest 1856? I am curious but haven't found a bar so I can get a pour.

Heading to a Kentucky Owl event tonight at a local liquor store. They will be selling the KO St Patty's Day release, but I really have no interest in buying that, just want to try some of the premium stuff.

Last night's 3 pours were ECBP A119. Well, it was two pours since I spilled most of one. But the glass did not break, Matt!

Yup, 1856 was the overall winner of the night. Prices are a little on the high side for a bottle, so a pour is the right move

Not to worry, those are some tough glasses. I’ve dropped mine during cleanings into steel lined sinks without issues. Luckily I still have two backups though.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Started with some Stagg Jr, then decided to open a Booker's Teresa's Batch as I hadn't had one open for a minute. Matt @BourbonBinder calls this one "The Funk". I can see that, and I also call it "delicious".

Haha it’s certainly a peanut bomb. IIRC I got Reese’s pieces & peanut butter cup on the palate. Glad to hear it’s still a winner

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was trying to kill off this Barrell SiB pick before my new Barrell acquisitions arrive, but thinking I have failed. :unsure:

Have you uncorked that Coy Hill yet that I see in the corner? Be prepared is all I’m saying haha

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Have you uncorked that Coy Hill yet that I see in the corner? Be prepared is all I’m saying haha
I'm actually trading it today, Matt, getting a bottle and cash that I could not resist. If it was Hazmat I would have kept it. and may still try and get one....but at less than that, all my JD picks between 130-135 proof will suffice.