What's new

Today's Bourbon

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I picked up a bottle of -04 last night at Costco for a screaming 79.99. How is that one? Also congrats on Rip, that's awesome!
It's good, Joe, not as good as the first batch of '23 (Charlie's), but still a solid Booker's. Congrats on finding it!

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Had some regular makers lately. Only bottle I’m holding onto like a once in a while drink is the wathens. I still recommend it. Funny lookin is kinda sweet for me. It’s good whiskey but it’s not special for what I paid 60$ ish

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Long time no see, Jeremy. I haven't picked up any Yellowstone picks, nothing has intrigued me yet.

A Jack Daniels barrel proof pick last night tough.

ive had over half a dozen the last few years and everyone has been good to great, at every proof. They are starting to push the limit at price for age though.

Been really happy with those JD single barrels too.

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Have y’all been picking up Yellowstone picks? Damn those have been consistently killing it..
I have been buying the pick at Sam's club for around 40 bucks and been killing the bottles since it is so good. It is surprising because their regular whiskey is awful and their limited edition is not that good. Other places want 80-150 for their picks so I will just stick to Sam's Club until they run out.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have been buying the pick at Sam's club for around 40 bucks and been killing the bottles since it is so good. It is surprising because their regular whiskey is awful and their limited edition is not that good. Other places want 80-150 for their picks so I will just stick to Sam's Club until they run out.
My Sam’s club didn’t really have much in the bourbon department. Ended up grabbing a big makers mark original for bout 50$

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So I bought a new Rolex Sky Dweller two tone today. Wasn’t the original plan by far as I was looking pre owned and about half the price. After watch shopping all day and nothing really catching my attention we decided to call some ADs within 2 hours, after the typical excuse that they don’t have anything in stock and there’s a waiting list we found one dealer with this beauty in stock. They had a nice little liquor shelf with typical BT products and better shelvers. Typical bourbon talk comes about with the store manager as the watch is getting sized and I show a few pictures of my collection. The manager asks if I’ve had pappy and I said no I almost but a bottle when I was in KY a few months back but had already spent too much on bourbon the day before. The manager then goes into the glass office and pulls this out and pours us a pour. IMG_2002.jpegIMG_2018.jpegIMG_2019.jpegIMG_2016.jpegIMG_2014.jpeg

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
So I bought a new Rolex Sky Dweller two tone today. Wasn’t the original plan by far as I was looking pre owned and about half the price. After watch shopping all day and nothing really catching my attention we decided to call some ADs within 2 hours, after the typical excuse that they don’t have anything in stock and there’s a waiting list we found one dealer with this beauty in stock. They had a nice little liquor shelf with typical BT products and better shelvers. Typical bourbon talk comes about with the store manager as the watch is getting sized and I show a few pictures of my collection. The manager asks if I’ve had pappy and I said no I almost but a bottle when I was in KY a few months back but had already spent too much on bourbon the day before. The manager then goes into the glass office and pulls this out and pours us a pour. View attachment 187780View attachment 187781View attachment 187782View attachment 187783View attachment 187784
So Chayse, all I need to do if I want to try Pappy B is buy a Rolex? Dang, I'll take two. ;)

Seriously, beautiful looking watch. (y)

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Cracked a Stagg Jr single barrel store pick from a Chicago store. I'm a little disappointed in the first pour, it just doesn't seem to have the depth of flavor that many of the Stagg Jr releases do.

I'm hoping a little time and air improve this one. I actually traded for a Batch 15 this week as well, probably my favorite behind Batch 12. So at least I know I have a great one if this one remains mediocre.