What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Old Tub is $19 around here, Jake. It's got some of that Beam peanut funk and is not a bad pour. I'll pick up a bottle if I'm going to an event where I know others who are drinking bourbon probably add a half a can of Coke.

My budget go-to when I can find it is Early Times Bottled in Bond, $26 for a liter. I am intrigued by that OG 114 though.
There’s a bourbon thread on cigar bid. One of the regulars posts the 114 regular enough. He drinks good stuff. Better than the stuff I’d usually buy for myself so figured I’d give it a go.

the og bonded is better than it should be

think I gave 23$ for the old tub. That’s fair here in delaware

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Never saw a bottle of that. What’s the story ?
Jake, Heaven Hill started letting stores and/or groups choose single barrels a couple years ago. Lots of liquor store chains near me have offered them, and I've seen some marketed by companies with an online presence. They range from 8 years to 11 years, and I've seen proofs as low as 108, and over hazmat on the high end. My favorites have been low proof 11 year picks and high proof 8 year picks.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Jake, Heaven Hill started letting stores and/or groups choose single barrels a couple years ago. Lots of liquor store chains near me have offered them, and I've seen some marketed by companies with an online presence. They range from 8 years to 11 years, and I've seen proofs as low as 108, and over hazmat on the high end. My favorites have been low proof 11 year picks and high proof 8 year picks.
I’ll have to check around. I don’t have many large stores immediately close to me. That’s why I picked up several bottles the other day. My local wanted 120$ for Elijah barrel proof. I passed found one up north later for 80$. Same batch….

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I’ll have to check around. I don’t have many large stores immediately close to me. That’s why I picked up several bottles the other day. My local wanted 120$ for Elijah barrel proof. I passed found one up north later for 80$. Same batch….
Best idea is definitely just to hunt around when you can, Jake. A few groups sell them online but they're overpriced. I've traded for a few in some FB bourbon groups, but I won't pay $100+ for it.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Best idea is definitely just to hunt around when you can, Jake. A few groups sell them online but they're overpriced. I've traded for a few in some FB bourbon groups, but I won't pay $100+ for it.
Yeah 80$ is the old 60$. Bout my cap. Sure I’ll go a little more on something random

I did buy that Elijah for 80$ Wanted to try old Ezra 7 year but they were 125$ on that. Seemed high. Passed

I’m not chasing any bourbons. Lotta good stuff out there for reasonable.