What's new

Today's Bourbon

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I opened the new Jack Daniel's last night. I have discovered that if you open a JD Barrel Strength single barrel is that it is going to be good. The only question is, will it be great. Some are. Fortunately, this is a honey barrel.

Today I was in the area of a liquor store I used to pop in occasionally. They had a couple Baker's (old small batch) and Booker's that I slowly bought out. None of that today, but a bottle of Barell New Year 2021 at 2021 retail. It came home with me.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
About 10 days after I found the latest ECBP in a grocery store I rarely frequent anymore, I found myself in that area again today and stopped in.

I didn't see anything good among the allocated bottles. I was about to leave and a guy near me asked the manager, "Do you have any more Stagg Jr?". The manager said they had just sold their last one, but he had a few Weller Full Proofs left from a Thursday drop. He asked for one, and I asked the manager to make it 2. A lady next to me said she wanted one too, so we all left happy with a WFP at retail price. I think I may have to make this a regular stop again.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Out for BBQ with a friend yesterday, the place (Bub City in Rosemont IL) had lots of single barrel picks. We both opted for the Hazmat Stagg Jr at 140.4 proof. Delicious, just like the brisket and pulled pork.

The weekend's other pours:

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Pours at yesterday's herf in Milwaukee

J. Henry cask strength single barrel

Old Forester King Ranch

Heaven Hill Bottled in Bond

And in the background of that picture is a bottle of Crown Royal Blackberry. I had a taste, and it's actually better than I expected....but not a "buy".