What's new

Today's Bourbon

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Lots of interesting bourbons to try at a herf I attended all weekend.

Al Young Four Roses 50th

King of Kentucky single barrel

Parker Double Barreled

Old Stitzel Weller Old Fitzgerald, bottled in 1969.

An amazing barrel pick by a private group, they took a barrel from Beam of Booker's and finished it in a Four Roses tasted barrel for 197 days. It tastes like toasted Booker's and is delicious.

Even had a "tater" Booker's label.

Elijah Criag Barrel Proof batch 3, hazmat at 140 proof.

And through the generosity of a couple friends, I was able to bring home the remaining "Toasted Booker's" and the ECBP.

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Lots of interesting bourbons to try at a herf I attended all weekend.

Al Young Four Roses 50th

King of Kentucky single barrel

Parker Double Barreled

Old Stitzel Weller Old Fitzgerald, bottled in 1969.

An amazing barrel pick by a private group, they took a barrel from Beam of Booker's and finished it in a Four Roses tasted barrel for 197 days. It tastes like toasted Booker's and is delicious.

Even had a "tater" Booker's label.

Elijah Criag Barrel Proof batch 3, hazmat at 140 proof.

And through the generosity of a couple friends, I was able to bring home the remaining "Toasted Booker's" and the ECBP.
Looks like some great stuff! I haven't had any bourbon since my surgery and it's driving me crazy. Hopefully next week.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
IMG_6386.jpegPicked this up yesterday. Finished up some wild Turkey 101 which I like pretty well. Liked it better than the rare breed

also had some old grandad bonded. Decent but not close to the 114 old grandad which I think is great

had some Michters also. Pretty good. I’ll try to grab a picture of that one next time I have some.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Picked this up yesterday. Finished up some wild Turkey 101 which I like pretty well. Liked it better than the rare breed
The rare Breed is 108 proof as well, correct Jake? Interesting that the 101 is beter.

I had some more of Binny's MM pick last night, it's a solid pick, but I like their regular wood finished releases better.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The rare Breed is 108 proof as well, correct Jake? Interesting that the 101 is beter.

I had some more of Binny's MM pick last night, it's a solid pick, but I like their regular wood finished releases better.

The rare breed is higher I don’t exactly recall. I mentioned in this thread I didn’t care much for it. It was certainly drinkable but I was pretty happy pouring the last pour. I mentioned I thought maybe just a bad batch. Hard to know I guess. I’ll buy the 101 again. I’d like to try the rare breed again but I doubt I’ll buy it after the last bottle. It just tasted off to me

Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Have you tried the grandad 114?? I’d love to hear your opinion

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Jake, I have not! love lots of WT and Russell's versions so I need to bite the bullet and spend that sawbuck to give it a try. I take it you're a fan?
Yeah I’m a big fan. For sub 30$ there’s a lot going for it. The fellas at cigarbid pointed me in that direction. A lot of those guys drink better bourbon than I can afford and they suggested trying it. I’ve picked up a bottle every time I run out so it’s been a repeat buy. My drinking buddy got me to grab him a bottle too. I think you’d enjoy it