What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Well as soon as I got home I grabbed my book and lite up a ERDM Gran Corona ROTT. Nice cigar that start off mild and built up in strength. Though towards the very end it got a bit harsh so I pitched it before I got to the nubbing stage.

sarnone

Mithrandir
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Fox, what size was this? This is one of my favorites. I like the alpha (torpedo) and churchill. Have you tried the atomic? I haven't had one yet.

TY
Sarnone

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
sarnone said:
Fox, what size was this? This is one of my favorites. I like the alpha (torpedo) and churchill. Have you tried the atomic? I haven't had one yet.

TY
Sarnone
The SLR A is a Corona Gorda. It's a very nice smoke and I love them but have put mine down for ageing.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
vperlman said:
Man, you have far more self control than I do! Series A --- yummmmm...
ehdg said:
The SLR A is a Corona Gorda. It's a very nice smoke and I love them but have put mine down for ageing.
Buy them aged. These smoke wonderfully at three to four years. They are readily available in the '02 and '03 vintages. Both are superb. I did a review on these in the Habanos Reviews forum.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Had an 04 Monte #4 on the ride in and another delicious 03 Hoyo duPrince on the ride home. Both were outstanding and no real burn issues for a change. Humidity has been down somewhat recently.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Fox said:
Buy them aged. These smoke wonderfully at three to four years. They are readily available in the '02 and '03 vintages. Both are superb. I did a review on these in the Habanos Reviews forum.
I have a cab from '03 in fact and just want to lay them down even longer. I know they are good but only improve even more with age my friend.

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
I smoked a fake MC2 that a friend brought back from her trip to Jamaica.

It was pretty obvious too: band was loose and the font was off, ring guage was 48, length was less than 6in and it was n-a-s-t-y.

I also smoked an LGC Md'OR #1 (thanks Steve!) to make up for it.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
cvm4 said:
PLPC that was ruined by the humidity! Argh...
I'm beginning to think that nothing can ruin a cigar smoking experience more than climate. Humidity being the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.