What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
finished the night off with an Ashton VSG and a couple of fingers of Prichards Single Malt...

Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Not bad but not what I was expecting.
If you have any more, I'm sure guys will be lining up to buy them from you! ;)

I love the band on these. Haven't seen it in person but in all the pics I've seen it just looks elegant to the max

The band is beautiful and so is the cigar. Razor sharp burn and perfect construction. The shop I bought it from I have had numerous issues with cigars. The owner keeps the humidor very high in humidity. I will try another from a different shop soon and see if the opinion changes.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Did a bit of an experiment tonight, first up was a Cohiba Red Dot Pequenos, an NC Cohiba (. sweet smoke, with nuttiness to it, bout 40mins. nothing to rave about, good for the quick 'i just want to zone out and smoke something' kinda time

followed it up with a Cohiba Siglo II, to compare the NC with the CC. this is a great smoke, even though it had an extremely naughty cracked head. made for plenty of annoying relights. plenty of creamy woodiness and a bit of grass.

which was better? lol. even the CC with its cracked head had more depth in the flavour, there wasnt much under the sweetness of the NC. was still a good smoke though.
an aside, i had lost the wrapper on one side of the head, but one the foot, i was experiencing burn issues on the opposite side. this goes beyond my understanding of physics, anyone wish to offer an explanation?

Edit: how the hell do i make the photos a decent size? and get rid of where it says attached thumbnails down the bottom?

Attachments

Last edited:

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Had to try out a La Grande Classe. 3 days is almost a week, right? ;)

Subpar presentation, but a really good cigar, IMO. Can definitely tell its made with high quality, aged tobacco. Perfect burn & draw, hay, creamy bakers chocolate, some light pepper on the retro, a nicely balanced medium - medium/full cigar. Very happy I got these now.

Status
Not open for further replies.