What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

architeuthis

I see what you're doing!!
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
During the "Great Houston Water Heater Massacre" I consumed a Sancho Panza Quixote (maduro) and half of an unbanded dog-rocket from about 4 years ago. The Quixote was very good as they always are, while the dog-rocket was a lot milder than I remember with most of the harshness gone, but still less than a yard-cigar in my opinion. (Which is why I only smoked half of it) After dinner and a HOT shower, I had an RyJ Vintage Maduro with a few years on it. These don't taste very good to me when they are new, but after 6 months to a year they become a lot better. I might close out the evening with coffee and a Bolivar.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
That was a pretty good cigar. Pretty strong and it left a weird stain on my lips...weird.

It wasn't as good as the price tag though...$13.
Is that about what they are going for? I want to pick some up, but I am still not sure.

I worked a 12 hour day Mon, so no smokes for me.

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I pulled the first stick out of a new Jan 07 box of Montecristo No.4's I know that they are way to new to dive in but I wanted to check them out just to see what I have to look forward to later after they have had time to sleep for a LONG while.

Well I was impressed for it being only a few months old, early on there were hints of sweetness, as the burn stayed pretty much razor sharp. 1/3 of the way through I started to get some of that familar spice, but it varied often. Held the ash till well after the 1/2 way point, and had some outstanding expresso flavor through much of the stick. A nice draw and lots of smoke, I think all this cigar needs is alot more age to be a great cigar rather than just a good one.

So what are you guys smoking tonight?

eyetek

Status
Not open for further replies.