What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
AF Don Carlos 80th Anniversario Personal Reserve Robusto

Have loved all the others of these I have had, but this one was extremely bitter and really lingered on the tongue.

Draw,burn and construction were perfect as usual, but the taste of this one was just terrible.

No idea what the cause is.

Sucks to have the first Cigar of the day be something you anticipated greatness from, only to get a serious dud

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
You what man, I picked up a box of these late June and the first one I tried was and I expected it to be, mediocre. I couldn't tell where the flavors where going and didn't taste potential in it. I tried another one a couple weeks ago and it was noticably better....it was "good" and I was able to see that this going somewhere. I'll give it another shot in December. But my guess is that this cigar needs to rest for 6 months -1 year. before it will be gtg. At least until acceptable to my palate.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
You what man, I picked up a box of these late June and the first one I tried was and I expected it to be, mediocre. I couldn't tell where the flavors where going and didn't taste potential in it. I tried another one a couple weeks ago and it was noticably better....it was "good" and I was able to see that this going somewhere. I'll give it another shot in December. But my guess is that this cigar needs to rest for 6 months -1 year. before it will be gtg. At least until acceptable to my palate.
All mine had some age to them when I got them in a serious Fuente bomb.

He didn't recall when he got them, but knew he had them for a number of years.

Based on the slight yellow tint of the cellophane, I would guess at least 5 years though.

All the others have been great, just that one so far was a dud.

Hopefully the ones I have left are back up to par

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
Diamond Crown Maximus Robusto No.5

Another with fairly yellowed cellophane

Extremely tasty and perfect draw,burn and construction

Nice smoke for after lunch

Have been consistently good smokes so far

Have really been enjoying the Diamond Crowns other JC Newman smokes I was generously gifted.

Excellent taste and quality consistently

The maduros and Maximus have really been great

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All. Need I a bottle of Bookers with this Bishops Blend and I be a happy pig!!! Hurricane Ida headed straight for us Well To the west which puts me on the “bad” side Hopefully I’ll be posting Tuesday or Wednesday if everything goes .....not tits up

Little pre hurricane grilling to keep the spirits up4B534778-E2E1-4191-BCA4-F7C8634B3277.jpeg3EC2F21A-F182-4D55-AAB6-5FA18467D9AC.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.