What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
I wasn't happy with the judge or the La Opulencia just seemed bland compared to other my fathers
That being the case, I may have actually liked the La Opulencia then.

Part of my new dislike for My Father's is them being a little too strong tasting and overpowering to my palate.

Not really keen on the general flavor profile too though, so hard to say.

No regrets in passing it on to someone who will enjoy it though.

Tried to do the same with the last 2 anejos 48's and Opus x Power Ranger I have, but the person who I know really enjoys them refused to just take them for free and wanted to send me 3 smokes in return, plus pay for my shipping even.

Still holding them for him as he hasn't been on the forum since Aug 18th and I need his address. Hopefully he has just been busy and all is well with him.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That one was pretty good about an 87 for me which is still pretty high for me
Nice. I'll take a chance on an 87 score.
I've certainly had plenty of very good smokes that had a lower Cigar Aficionado score.

As good as the 2 I had were, I suspect I will enjoy all of them.

Haven't seen a bad comment about any of the years yet.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I liked the two that I bought. The profile is very much My Father-like although they weren’t nearly as peppery as the DPG Original line. Construction, burn and draw were excellent with good smoke output. With that being said, I still prefer the Le Bijou 1922 line - especially if they’ve been aged 5+ years.
Tried the Le Bijou 1922 as well since they seemed pretty popular and well regarded, but still wasn't for me.

Not sure what happened over the year and a half hiatus from nc's, but I just haven't cared for any of the My Fathers I have tried since my return to nc's for some reason. Used to love them but now I have tried probably 5 different ones and didn't enjoy any of them.

Gave away the La Opulencia i had as a bonus item in a trade and have a (as best as I can figure by comparing to known length and rg Cigars, and there being no second band or other info on the regular band) My Father Corona (or something with a standard band and at about 5x42)
That I will pass on to the next My Father lover I get the opportunity too.

Have set aside a portion of one of my tupperdors for cigars I plan to give away when I run across the right person/people i find out would be better able to appreciate them, or just ones a have a fair number of and can certainly spare a couple of.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Oliva Master Blends III Robusto

Was given these by someone who just didn't care for them at all.

Definitely full flavored, and had a hint of bitterness.

Certainly no Serie V, but not bad.

When I get an empty box for the remaining ones, going to put these away for just a year or 2 and see if the bitterness goes away and they mellow and smooth out some.

My first time intentionally aging anything, but I really feel like these have potential.

Draw,burn and construction were perfect.

Those age well I was gifted an old one on another forum. I put an empty melanio box full of those away to pull out in a few years. I stocked up on those on cbid a good while ago. They’re good smokes
I took the cello off all those. From what I’ve gathered I guess that helps speed up the aging process

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Had my first Perdomo Champagne as a tin of Puritos and really liked them.

Recently tried them in a larger vitola (forget which one) and didn't care for it for some reason.

Will have to pick up a couple more tins of Puritos I guess

I don’t think I’ve had an issue with them yet honestly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.