What's new

Unsolicited Advice for Noobs from a Noob on Storage Issues

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Very good advice. And if I may add (something that was SOP when this forum started)?

- When you're "new", never, under any circumstances "give" someone your address, and when you bomb someone who may not know it's you sending, choose a different return address (perhaps the recipients)

Your address is the last vestige of a pre-botl normal life, and it's far more fun and satisfying when someone has to "work" for it.

Boy, ain't dat da troof

I was a raw newb at c.com when someone suggested a newb-only bombing run to hit a seasoned vet down on his luck. I joined in. It was supposed to all be anonymous, so I sent my box without a return address. Because I was the only fellow shipping from Dull-Aware, they figured out that the anonymous box had to be from me. So the organizer PMs me with some other pretext which weaseled it out of me. Beginning of the end, I tell you. Box after box after box.

Got so bad round the humidor that the next guy who wanted my addy, it was in February, so I gave him the address to Phil Whistlepig in Punxsatawney. Thought he would take it as a joke and go ask around for my addy. Not so. Guy bought it. Sent 30 cigars to Punxsatawney Phill. Posts a week later asking did I get his box? I called Phil's headquarters... yep, they got it. They were having a meeting that night, where they were planning to hand out the swag. Which I thought was a kewl idea. Not so. Guy who sent the stix got all pissy at me.

Now I've got two humidors, two coolidors, and a shelf fulla boxes. It gets out of hand damn real fast.