What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Had some 4 roses single barrel tonight. First time. I like it. I used to pick the regular 4 roses up on occasion but it’s kinda edgy. Single barrel gets my nod

I usually drink makers mark original. I oddly like it better than the more expensive makers

many of you fellas had wathens ? I really liked that one but it’s gotten hard to find here. Can’t order alcohol in DE…

before this bottle I had a bottle of angels envy. I was pretty highly disappointed. For me it tasted like a beginners bourbon

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Had some 4 roses single barrel tonight. First time. I like it. I used to pick the regular 4 roses up on occasion but it’s kinda edgy. Single barrel gets my nod

I usually drink makers mark original. I oddly like it better than the more expensive makers

many of you fellas had wathens ? I really liked that one but it’s gotten hard to find here. Can’t order alcohol in DE…

before this bottle I had a bottle of angels envy. I was pretty highly disappointed. For me it tasted like a beginners bourbon
I haven't had any Walthens, Jake, do you recommend it?

I'm with you on Angel's Envy, too syrupy and sweet for me. Reminds me of Eagle Rare, I'm not big on that either.

Regular Maker's has good flavor, l just like it better with that high proof punch.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I haven't had any Walthens, Jake, do you recommend it?

I'm with you on Angel's Envy, too syrupy and sweet for me. Reminds me of Eagle Rare, I'm not big on that either.

Regular Maker's has good flavor, l just like it better with that high proof punch.
IMG_4696.pngI liked it a lot. I can’t find it around here currently but the last time I did it cost more than the prices listed. I thought it had a little unique taste to it. I’m not a whiskey expert but the fellas I know who have nice collection all keep that around. If you see it maybe give it a go

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
View attachment 183589I liked it a lot. I can’t find it around here currently but the last time I did it cost more than the prices listed. I thought it had a little unique taste to it. I’m not a whiskey expert but the fellas I know who have nice collection all keep that around. If you see it maybe give it a go
Absolutely, thank you Jake.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Had sim more 4 roses single barrel Opinions on old forester 100 ? Or other affordable bourbons. I like whiskey but I’m not the guy to spend huge on my bourbon. Love it but I’m no collector

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Never liked bulleit. I’ve ordered it plenty at bars but I usually ask what else they have. Looking under 60 a bottle. Also a respectable under 60 rye. I’ve never had a straight rye whiskey Is rye bold like a bourbon? Or more like a crown royal or Irish whiskey ? I drink both but prefer bourbon by a mile

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Rye has a distinctive spice to it, Jake. I was into ryes a lot early in my bourbon/whiskey journey, but drink less of it now. I'd suggest starting with something basic and inexpensive like Sazerac to see if you like the rye notes. I think ome stores even carry a 200ml bottle. The ryes I enjoy now are Whistlepig single or two barrel blends with aged Alberta rye. Not cheap though.

Some under $60 bottles I've enjoyed recently:

Old Forester 1920
Knob Creek 9 year
Early Times Bottled in Bond
Jack Daniel's Bottled in Bond

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Never liked bulleit. I’ve ordered it plenty at bars but I usually ask what else they have. Looking under 60 a bottle. Also a respectable under 60 rye. I’ve never had a straight rye whiskey Is rye bold like a bourbon? Or more like a crown royal or Irish whiskey ? I drink both but prefer bourbon by a mile
Under 60.. let's see.

My first recommendation would be the one Tom mentioned, Knob Creek 9 year. Such a damn good pour! Aside from that:

Wild Turkey Longbranch
Wilderness Trail Yellow Label
Eagle Rare (should never pay the ridiculous prices for it...$40 or $50 should be the max)
Old Forester 1910

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I would add Bakers 7 yr, right at your price point and anything Russel's Reserve. I think Wild Turkey makes quite a few really good, affordable whiskeys
Great suggestions! (y)

I really miss the old Baker's Small Batch though, I think it was more consistent than the current single barrel offering.