What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
@icehog3

I'll be in Chicago the week before Thanksgiving. Wife and sister want to do the Christmas Market in Daley Plaza so I'll try to get away and check out Binney's. Right now it looks like Bardstown the week before Christmas.

I have all but 4 of the 4 Roses recipes, A local place had the OBSO SB for I think $130 but sold out in 2 hours and I missed out.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
@icehog3

I'll be in Chicago the week before Thanksgiving. Wife and sister want to do the Christmas Market in Daley Plaza so I'll try to get away and check out Binney's. Right now it looks like Bardstown the week before Christmas.

I have all but 4 of the 4 Roses recipes, A local place had the OBSO SB for I think $130 but sold out in 2 hours and I missed out.
Let me know when you're in town if you have any availability for a cigar and a pour.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Other bottles

2 different Maker's picks. The "Marshmallow" was good, the private "Anniversary" pick was delicious.

Widow Jane 10 and JD Barrel Proof Rye. Both were disappointing for me.

Traverse City BP and Booker's Apprentice batch. Both meh for me.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Old Elk wheated single barrel. Another miss for me.

Red Spot 15. Actually, not terrible for a finished Irish whiskey.

142 proof Mattingly blend. Great depth of flavor. In my wheelhouse, my friend sent me home with this one.

Little Book Chapter 5. Not a fan pf the malted rye.

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Some nice stuff you got to try there. I have had a lot of the different Maker's blends and every one I have had has been good.

Other bottles

2 different Maker's picks. The "Marshmallow" was good, the private "Anniversary" pick was delicious.

Widow Jane 10 and JD Barrel Proof Rye. Both were disappointing for me.

Traverse City BP and Booker's Apprentice batch. Both meh for me.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
IMG_4760.jpegIMG_4761.jpegI still really like this but don’t pay bonkers. It’s worth a little something but this is also one of the first good bourbon I found for myself So it certainly holds a special place in my drunken heart

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
And yes I’ve opened him and I am drinking him on Canada Dry ginger ale no ice. I take my bourbon like that cause that’s the way I like him.

bugger off lol